Getting to and around Riga
The Latvian currency is the euro. All types of credit and debit cards are commonly used in Latvia, so you can use them or withdraw cash easily.
Wi-Fi is widely available, usually free of charge.
Autumn weather in Riga can be diverse. For up-to-date information, follow the weather forecast.
We recommend packing extra warm clothes and rain equipment, as parts of the meeting will take place outdoors.
How to get from the Lidostas “Rīga” airport to Riga Islande Hotel
Travel by public transportation
There are two travel options:
- Travel 9 stops from Lidosta Rīga to the Daugavgrīvas iela bus stop. From there it is 16 16-minute walk to the hotel – see the route on the map.
- Travel 8 stops to Slokas iela bus stop. After that, you take a 2-minute walk to Valsts arhīvs bus stop (see the map). From Valsts arhīvs take a bus to Ķīpsalas iela bus stop. From Ķīpsalas iela it is a 5-minute walk to the hotel. See the route on the map.
Buying tickets for public transportation
At the Lidostas “Rīga” airport, tickets for public transport are available at the “Welcome to RIGA” information centre; at the “Narvesen” shop or at the ticket machine at the bus stop. You need a 90-minute ticket. The price of this ticket is EUR 1.50.
Tickets for bus 22 can also be purchased from the bus driver. The bus driver only accepts card payments and the ticket price is €2. Please note that this service is not available for other bus routes.
You can find the timetable and more information about public transportation in Riga here.
Riga Islande Hotel transfer service
Riga Islande Hotel offers transfer connection between Riga Airport and Islande Hotel with regular cabs (up to 4 pax) and minibuses (up to 8 pax). The prices are:
- Airport -> Hotel – 30 EUR (regular cab) and 36 EUR (minibus)
- Hotel -> Airport – 23 EUR (regular cab) and 29 EUR (minibus)
To arrange a transfer, contact the hotel not later than one day before the service date by email at email@example.com or call (+371) 67 608 000 (24h).
In your order please specify:
- flight number
- landing time
- number of passengers
- name for sign
- contact number
- for accurate pickup timing, we recommend that you tell the hotel whether you have checked-in baggage or cabin baggage only
- if you would like to share the taxi, please add this information to your order
The journey from the airport to the hotel takes approximately 20 minutes in normal traffic, but may take longer in heavier traffic.
Travel by taxi
Baltic Taxi (light green cars) is recommended taxi operator from the airport.
It is recommended to check the travel ate as rates offered by taxi service providers for a ride to the city centre may vary and the special airport rate may be applied.
Bolt services are also available in Riga with an app.
The ride from the airport to the hotel takes around 20 minutes in normal traffic and may be prolonged by higher traffic intensity.
You can find tips and practical information for discovering Riga here.